Monday, February 4, 2013

Assignment 2

I sort of forgot exactly what we were supposed to do for this blog post.  I think it was that we should think of an awesome idea we'd like to eventually make and then make a small prototype version of it.  My idea that I'd love to eventually make is in the realm of wearable art (everything sounds fancy when you say 'realm').  Anyway, I think a sweater or a scarf would be really cool if it had led's embedded in it that changed color based on the temperature.  Okay, so maybe a scarf would be better for this, other wise you'll end up like those shirts in the 80's that changed color based on heat and just made people look like they had psychedelic sweat stains.  Or even better, apparently they made swim trunks.  Wow.  Okay, so I will think of a different idea.  Yes.  A much different idea.

Here's some fun hypercolor for you to wish you'd never seen (also, not UNsafe for work, but not exactly safe either): http://www.thesoundfaction.com/fash12.jpg

I'll come back after some brainstorming.

Brainstorming done.

My idea is a wall of LEDS that as a person walks along it, the leds light up and keep pace with that person.  If a person stays still, the lights fade out.  I think this would be really really cool with a fifty foot long wall.  I also would make the LEDs rgb leds so that if another person was following that person, the color of their light trail would be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment