Tuesday, February 26, 2013

scratch that

Scratch that old project 2.  I don't like it, and no matter how many artsy words I throw in it still doesn't make any sense.  why wouldn't everyone just go into one room?  'Tis a silly idea.  New idea!


Catherine showed me: http://likebelt.com/ and suggested I make a game where people have to thrust at each other.  I immediately thought this was weird.  And still do, but I love the ridiculousness of it.  How about this.  You have only one room, a dark room with weird, mechanical plants all around.  You and the group of strangers you're with are tasked with waking up the plants by doing various actions.  Each action coincides with a different color and part of the plant.  Shaking your hips (which are outfitted with accelerometers) wakes up the green leaves and shrubbery (not EVERYTHING is led, mind you, there are some regular spotlights around of various colors).  Thrusting at another person's belt wakes up the red flowers.  Standing absolutely still wakes up the blue.  Etc, etc.  The people put in the room aren't told what does what so they have to figure it out.  Perhaps someone does a really awkward handshake and red flowers start to wake up.  Or maybe someone's really non-cooperative and the blue flowers around them are all turned on.  You get the point.  Oh, and it's also based on proximity.  I don't know how to do the proximity yet, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment